An online eCommerce portal was designed for a reputed online media agency based in USA, using the Liferay Portal Framework. The client of Elegant MicroWeb manages a portal offering on-line shopping for products sourced from multiple vendors to customers across the nation. The client wanted to provide customers with a highly secure, easy-to-manage, on-line eCommerce solution with shopping cart, offering a wider range of products and services.
The client wanted an ecommerce solution where vendors could effortlessly create an online store for different categories of products they wished to offer. They needed a portal personalized for vendors that would make it easy for them to update product information or content such as Product Catalogues, Technical Specifications, Prices, FAQ’s, Product Reviews etc. They required an authentication based portal with a highly secure payment gateway.
Elegant MicroWeb analyzed the requirements and developed the portal utilizing the Liferay Portal Framework with well defined templates and easy-to-navigate layouts. Administration portlets like Category Management, Product Management, Configuration Management and Order Management were developed with certain administration rights assigned to vendors.
Elegant MicroWeb also developed Product Catalog and Shopping Cart portlets for visitors that would allow them to browse products by category and brands. To allow users to manage their shopping cart, place orders and make payments, Elegant MicroWeb integrated third-party services like Authorized.net as payment gateway and UPS for shipping management.
Elegant MicroWeb worked closely with the client right from defining requirements, features mapping, prototyping the architecture, customization and development, UAT etc. and collaborated with the client team to devise the right eCommerce solution. Latest technologies were utilized to execute client requirements within the Liferay Portal Framework. Close co-ordination of the Elegant MicroWeb team ensured successful and satisfactory implementation of project within budgeted cost and timelines.
Tools and Platforms
- Front-end : Liferay 5.2.x, JSF, ICEFaces
- Other Framework : JBoss Seam, JPA, JSR-286 Compliant Portlets
- Back-end: MySQL
- Third party Services : UPS, Authorize.NET Payment Gateway
- User Management & access rights
- Vendor Management and Configuration
- Category Management
- Product Management
- Resource Center Management
- News and Announcements
- Order Management (View and Track Shipping)
- Vendor interface
- Category and Subcategory management
- News and Announcements
- Product wise FAQ’s
- Product attribute configuration
- Product Specifications – ability to add tabs like FAQ, Technical Specification
- Product Catalogues
- End User interface:
- HTTPS based secure access
- Secure payment gateway
- My Account (Modify basic and address information and view order history)
- Browse Product Catalogues
- Browse product by category ad brand
- Product Reviews & Rate
- Product Search
- Manage shopping cart