An Android based Inventory Management Application is developed for a leading Barcode Reader manufacturer from the Netherlands by Android Developers at Elegant MicroWeb.
The Inventory Management Application can be used by inventory control personnel to manage inventories across different locations such as warehouses, offices, shops and other places.
Users can download the inventory application from the client’s website or through the Android Marketplace. Users can scan the bar code of a particular product using the camera and access all information related to the product such as product image, item number, product name, warehouse location etc. on their mobile. Bar code screens are auto adjusted (Landscape/Portrait) with high resolution graphics as per various Android handset screens.
Locations of ware houses, offices, shops and other places are automatically tracked with GPS coordinates. User can enter the item number and location will be tracked for a particular item from inventory database. The application is auto-synchronised with centrally hosted inventory database.
The application supports different bar code types including UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, Codabar, ITF, Code 128, Data Matrix, QR Code etc. and is compatible with all Android devices.
Tools and Platforms
- Platform: Android Development framework
- Scan product barcodes using the phone’s camera
- Query centrally hosted inventory database and display Product Information
- Manage inventories across locations
- Track locations using GPS co-ordinates
- Supports various bar code types including QR Code
- Auto-synchronization with inventory database
- Auto adjustments of screens with high resolution graphics (Landscape to Portrait and vice- versa)
- Android Development 2.1
- Barcode integration and support on Mobile Apps