Microsoft .Net Development consultants at Elegant MicroWeb have redesigned and restructured the Consultation Management System for a leading, UK based Internet Community, Consultation and eDemocracy solution provider using the Software as a Service (SaaS) model to ensure maximum reusability of existing code and scalability required for the future. An integrated suite of consultation tools was derived that incorporated easy–to–use survey layouts and user friendly wizards, thus allowing user to create powerful, attractive surveys and questionnaires in minimum time.
Software as a Service (SaaS) is an evolving mechanism of delivering hosted software applications to customers over the Internet, as a service. Instead of installing and maintaining the software on their own desktops or servers, customers can simply access it via the web. The SaaS provider manages the application, including security, availability and performance thus freeing customers from stressful, costly software and/or hardware procurement and management.
Since the client had consultation and stakeholder management tools, one of the most important objectives was to develop an online survey tool that could be integrated seamlessly with existing products and provide a uniform look n’ feel as well as navigation experience to users. It was important to have user access rights, user authentication and integration with other applications, seamless navigation and backend database integration to make it a single, sign-on, integrated suite for consultation management that included online survey and response analysis tools.
The self-serving, off-the-shelf survey tool – that is easy to evaluate, purchase and use – has enabled the client to provide a common platform to a large number of organizations for conducting their own consultation surveys online and in analyzing the responses thus aiding them greatly in taking the right decisions.
Tools and Platforms
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or higher
- Web Server: Internet Information Server 5.0 or higher
- Database Server: MS SQL Server 2000
- Other Services: SMTP service
- Framework: Microsoft.Net Development framework
- Bobby AA
- Cross Browser Compatibility with Internet explorer, Mozilla, Safari, Netscape, Opera on Windows and Mac OS
Security Protection given
- Cross-site scripting
- Cross-site request forgery
- Input validations
- SQL Injection attacks
- Client and Server side Session Management
- Authenticated Admin Section
- Encrypted connection for Login
- Secure directories
- Full proof ‘Forgot Password’ mechanism
- Stringent Password Policy
- Custom Application Error messages