Gartner BI & Analytics Summit, Mumbai, 2017: My Take
On June 6 and 7, 2017, I had the pleasure of attending and participating in the Gartner Business Intelligence, Analytics and Information Management Summit in Powai, Mumbai, India. The 2017 Summit was larger and even more productive than the Summit of 2016, with more than 650 delegates in attendance. The theme for 2017 was Information & Analytics Leadership: Empowering People with Trusted Data.
The 2017 Gartner Summit was the third event I attended and it was impeccably organized and run, with great sound and lighting and informative, exciting presentations. The food and drink was excellent and, as usual, we all ate more than we should! Healthy options are always appreciated and I would encourage the Gartner team to add to the choices for the 2018 Summit.
There were some extremely interesting discussions and tracks with relevant case studies and examination of trends, including the trend toward Citizen Data Scientists, and how machine learning will change business decisions in the future. Other discussions included a track on blockchain and iOT. I would like to see more India-specific content and case studies featured in upcoming Summits.
The ElegantJ BI team was honored to be a Silver Sponsor for this Summit and our team members found the event to be a vibrant, informative and exciting experience.
While at the Summit, I attended some very informative tracks by Gartner analysts:
- Opening Keynote Session with Ted Friedman and Rita Sallam: This session focused on Leading in the Age of Infinite Possibilities.
- Cloud BI: Path to Agility or Destined for Disaster? Led by Alys Woodward
- Connection vs. Collection: The Future of Data Management with Ted Friedman
- To the Point: Convergence of Services and Analytics Is on Its Way — Take Advantage of It! with Jorgen Heizenberg
- Magic Quadrant: BI & Analytics, Data Science and BI & Analytics Service Providers with Ian Bertram, Rita Sallam, Carlie Idoine, Rick Greenwald, and Jorgen Heizenberg
- To the Point: New Data and Analytics Initiatives Demand Modern Pricing Models and Sound Negotiation Strategies led by Ehtisham Zaidi
- Embracing Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics led by Carlie Idoine
- Hadoop and Spark: Understanding Open-Source Opportunities and Risks with Rick Greenwald
- Blockchain: Separating the Magic From the Reality for Data and Analytics with Ted Friedman
- The Closing Session Keynote on digital transformation by Partha Iyengar
The Summit offered many other opportunities for professional interaction but, unfortunately, there wasn’t time to partake of them all!
I did have the chance for one-on-one interaction with Gartner analysts, Rita Sallam and Alys Woodward and, as always, these sessions were insightful and very helpful.
The ElegantJ BI booth was REALLY BUSY. We greeted customers, stakeholders, and partners and provided an update on business. Our team offered demonstrations of the ElegantJ BI solution at the booth and I am happy to say that our demos were very well received.
I want to thank those who visited our booth. We had a great response, especially with our Smarten Advanced Data Discovery with self serve data prep, smart visualization and plug n’ play predictive analytics. In fact, self-serve data prep and the transformation from business users to citizen data scientists were common threads of discussion among the varied Gartner Summit sessions, and the tracks and tutorials delivered by the analysts.
The response at our booth coupled with the recurring theme of self-serve data prep and assisted predictive modeling for business users throughout the Summit highlighted our solid product and strategic direction.
About Kartik Patel
Kartik is the founder and CEO of Elegant MicroWeb, specializing in software services and products. For two decades, Elegant MicroWeb has provided a full suite of innovative offshore technology services, serving clients worldwide, with sustained business partnerships. The flagship ElegantJ BI business intelligence solution offers a Smarten approach to BI, with Plug n’ Play Predictive Analysis, Self-Serve Data Preparation and Smart Data Visualization. ElegantJ BI was listed as a Representative Vendor in the ‘Gartner Market Guide for Enterprise-Reporting-Based Platforms’, as an Other Relevant Vendor in the Gartner MQ for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms, as a Niche BI and Analytics Vendor for the Gartner Report, Competitive Landscape: BI Platforms and Analytics Software Asia/Pacific and a Listed Vendor for Other Vendors to Consider for Modern BI and Analytics, Gartner Report.
Original Post: Gartner BI & Analytics Summit, Mumbai, 2017: My Take