Microsoft.Net Development experts at Elegant MicroWeb have provided a third party certified; secure application conforming to all mandatory accessibility and government data interchange compliances to a leading Internet Community, Consultation and eDemocracy Solution provider in UK.
Every organization’s IT strategy must include robust web application security implementation and compliance with various industry and government standards. Enterprises need to ensure compliance with prescribed standards in order to work effectively with various stakeholders and their systems. At the same time, they also need to shield themselves against security threats since even a slight security breach can damage the organization’s reputation and have legal as well as financial implications.
The UK-based client of Microsoft .Net Development expert, Elegant Microweb is a leading Internet Community, Market Research, Consultation and eDemocracy solution provider. The company’s mission is to enhance participation, promote engagement and consultation, trigger thought leadership, and champion innovations that advance the greater cause of democracy by harnessing latest advances in Information Technology.
The client wished to offer fool-proof, certified and secure web applications to all customers amongst which are included:
- Local UK Government authorities
- Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
- Scottish Parliament
- Welsh assembly
- General Medical Council and similar organizations
- Other public sector institutions and organizations in the UK
It was important that all standards be implemented fully since most of the client’s customers belonged to the public sector and following government directives was mandatory.
Microsoft .Net Development expert, Elegant MicroWeb completed the project successfully within the prescribed budget and coordinated with third party security audit agencies to get through the complex certification process. This helped the client to retain and expand their customer base, boost confidence levels and have an extra edge in their targeted market.
Tools and Platforms
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or higher
- Web Server: Internet Information Server 5.0 or higher
- Database Server: MS SQL Server 2000
- Other Services: SMTP service
- Framework: Microsoft.Net Development framework
- Bobby AA
- Cross Browser Compatibility with Internet explorer, Mozilla, Safari, Netscape, Opera on Windows and Mac OS
Security Protection given
- High Risk
- Cross-site Scripting
- Cross-site Request Forgery
- Input Validations
- SQL Injections attacks
- Client and Server side Session Management
- Moderate Risk
- Authenticated Admin Section
- Login sent over encrypted connections
- Secure directories
- Forgot password mechanism
- Stringent Password Policy
- Low Risk
- Custom application error messages