The Importance of Software and App Projects and Expert Skills!
Whether yours is a small or medium sized business (SME) or a large enterprise, your IT team is probably always overstretched. With ongoing maintenance and support, and small and large one-time projects, upgrades, and fixes, it is difficult (if not impossible) to take on other types of projects – projects that may drive the enterprise forward.
Consider just a few examples:
- Integrating Augmented Analytics to support a Citizen Data Scientist initiative or data democratization.
- Taking on a Digital Transformation (Dx) project to update and improve technology and work processes across the enterprise.
- Creating a new solution for business users to streamline business processes.
- Reviewing, improving, or creating data hubs, data warehouses, cloud data storage, etc.
- Designing a new software application or solution for consumers and customers.
These are just a few of the projects that may fall off the radar because your enterprise lacks the resources, skills or experience to take on the tasks. And there are risks to delaying or setting aside these projects.
- Loss of competitive advantage
- Decreased productivity and collaboration
- Poor user adoption of technology
- Poor Return on Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Inability to optimize resources and data to make the best decisions
- Security and privacy risks
This list represents only a small portion of the risks, gaps and problems created by projects that are delayed or ignored.
‘An experienced expert team can understand your unique challenges and strengths, and simplify the process, reducing the time and effort required to develop and implement software applications, websites, mobile applications etc.’
Consider the results of a few corporate surveys:
- McKinsey: 38% of executives plan to invest more in technology to make it their competitive advantage.
- Flexera: 37% of IT initiatives by companies worldwide are focused on improving customer experience.
- CIO: 39% of CEOs have placed digital transformation as the top priority for their CIOs.
- CIO: 67% of CIOs said creating new revenue-generating initiatives is among their job responsibilities.
Rather than letting your small, medium, or large enterprise fall behind because of a shortage or lack of resources or technical skills, consider engaging an IT consultant to help you achieve your goals. Look for an experienced expert team that can understand your unique challenges and strengths, and simplify the process, reducing the time and effort required to develop and implement software applications, websites, mobile applications etc.
Select a partner that can provide:
- Design and development for content management systems (CMS), eCommerce, Hybrid Mobile Applications, etc.
- Enterprise software services for software reengineering, upgrades, testing, requirements planning, project management, software product development.
- ERP, CRM, HR, Augmented Analytics, Digital Transformation (Dx), etc.
- Frameworks, languages, quality methodologies, security, and standards compliance.
- Flexible delivery models for onsite, offsite and hybrid support.
- Project reporting, dependable support and communication processes, flexible service level agreements (SLAs).
- ‘Build your own team’ approach that ensures dedicated resources and skills to keep your project on track.
‘With ongoing maintenance and support, and small and large one-time projects, upgrades, and fixes, it is difficult (if not impossible) for your internal IT team to take on other types of projects – projects that may drive the enterprise forward.’
In this article, we have taken a bulleted approach to providing a short list of considerations for how and why your enterprise may get off track with its technology goals, what the risks of project delay or cancelation may be, and the important skills and experience to look for when you select an IT consulting partner for your Small, Medium, Or Large Organization. Find out how the right partner can meet your needs, and how you can Build Your Software Team to accommodate any or all of these needs.
Original Post : (Some) Reasons to Pursue Software Projects with Expert Help!