Clients have asked me several questions on choosing .NET framework against Open Source alternative such as Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Based development. While we do development on both technologies, the ones who gravitate towards .NET eventually had these reasons to select .NET framework…
Q 1: When do you use .NET framework?
The usual suspects about using .NET Framework And I had these to offer as a comparative.
- NET Framework is heavily invested by one of the world’s richest organizations
- Skill base development in .NET is deliberate, schools of training exist, but unlike in Java, the framework is pretty much the same against hoards of optional frameworks as it is with Java
- MSDN library is well maintained and MVP’s are avialable with enough recognition to address challenging product development issues
- Highly scalable robust and far more secure in its code base protection against the Open Source coding languages which at times need code obfuscation
- Backward compatibility apart, has full service coverage of everything that technology has to offer towards software product development
- Is the only framework which comes with Software Development Kits and Methodologies of Microsoft, thus enabling the eons of challenge with ‘Getting the Product Right’ at one go.
- Built for security as in Proprietary code level security, cannot be replaced for its compilation levels except when doing programming based on C or C++
- Is not reliant on community for updates and version upkeeps
- Brings systemic approach towards software architecture and applies to various Enterprise Architecture Schools and Support Systems Integration, Cross Platform Development and Mobile, Cloud Computing through the Azure Cloud Platforms
- Enough said already?!